Many couples each year select Humboldt Redwoods State Park each year for their wedding ceremony or reception location. The park has a variety of beautiful settings that provide the perfect place for that special day. Facilities, fees and the number of guests that can be accommodated vary based on the location in the park.
Fees start at $150 and are required for all weddings/special events. Reservations for special events are taken up to six (6) months in advance. Permit applications submitted in excess of six (6) months out are not reviewed.
There are no permitted special events during major holiday weeks/weekends: Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Week, Christmas week, etc.
Download the Wedding Permit Packet (PDF) Please note only Williams Grove is available.
- There are special event fees for all areas and fees vary based on area.
- Most day use areas are not exclusive and remain open to the public during your special event.
- Rockefeller forest is not available for any permits/events
- No electricity is available. The Park generator hours are 10:00 am to 8:00 PM (per T-14 CCR 4320)
- There are no fire restrictions if you are using Department approved facilities (Fire pits, BBQ pits, Fire rings).
- Please keep all decorations within your reserved area
- Help us protect the natural scenery and plants in the park by refraining from posting signs or decorations on park signage or plants
- No damage deposit is required, however there may be other requirements based on the size of your group.
- Women's Federation Grove is closed to all special events, including weddings, in 2019. Please see the notice at the bottom of the page for more information
For information on special event space availability by date, please call (707) 946-1811.
Picnic tables for large groups can be reserved for reunions, school trips, family or work picnics, and more!
Download the Williams Grove Day Use Reservation Form (PDF)
Bringing students to the park is a great addition to curriculum being taught in the classroom. Additionally, park staff may be available to lead programs and activities with the students (varies with staffing and season). Download the School Group Reservation Request form to reserve day use areas. Please email Ranger John Hardcastle the completed form at john.hardcastle (at) parks.ca.gov at least 15 days in advance to ensure scheduling/availability.
Have another event that you want to host here at the park? Download the Special Event Application form. Please call (707) 946-1811 for Special Event Permits or contact Park staff for more information.
Due to storm damage and erosion, the California Federation of Women's Clubs Grove is no longer accepting reservations for special events. A section of the parking lot washed away during the winter of 2016/2017 and more in 2018/2019. As of 2019 -- the Day Use area is open on a first-come first-served basis with a reduced parking lot and temporary barricades. No area within the grove will be reservable for events. We apologize for any inconvenience.
To reserve Williams Grove Day Use Group Picnic Areas; please call (707) 946-1811 for date information.
For more information on special events in other locations, please call (707) 946-1813.